Children’s Theatre Company – Company Manager Position Posting
Children’s Theatre Company is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Company Manager. This is a part-time regular position with a fluctuating workload that will average 30 hours per week. This position is eligible for our part-time regular benefits package, which includes medical and dental insurance, vacation and sick leave, 8 paid holidays and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
Led by Artistic Director Peter C Brosius and Managing Director Kim Motes, Children's Theatre Company (CTC) is the nation’s leading theatre for multigenerational audiences and is one of the 20 largest producing theatres in the United States. A winner of the Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre, CTC creates extraordinary theatre experiences that educate, challenge and inspire young people. It has set standards of excellence in the quality of its productions, commitment to new work, and innovative education and community partnerships.
The Company Manager provides a welcoming environment and a smooth experience for the CTC Company including guest artists and student actors. This position works with Production Manager to organize travel, housing, and other logistical arrangements for guest writers, directors, designers, and actors. This position also works with Producer and artistic department to schedule auditions for both professional and student actors and provides other logistical support for the Casting Consultant.
• Coordinate travel and accommodations arrangements for the company and guest artists to CTC, or for CTC personnel for tours and transfers. Provide local transportation to guest artists for groceries, to and from the airport, etc.
• Regularly update all-staff on guest artist travel schedules
• Request and deliver per diems for guest artists and handle all travel reimbursements
• Provide welcome materials and local information to guest artists in appropriate format
• Closely track and reconcile all expenses related to company management
• Manage electronic on-boarding process for new artists including background check requests as needed
• Work with Casting Consultant to execute adult and student actor auditions for all productions. Coordinate logistics of auditions including advertising, scheduling, and room set-up
• Make offers to student actors and serve as point of contact for parents and schools
• Generate student actor documents
• Execute season auditions as required by AEA
• Communicate salient information to the Managing Director, Artistic Director, Marketing and Development to facilitate the creation of events centered upon guest artists
• Communicate with CTC’s Theatre Arts Training program regarding current or former educators or students who might be suitable for casting in main stage productions
• Record and report accurate information re: casting for each production to appropriate parties
• Assist with casting of CTC’s Performing Apprentices
• Works with each season performing apprentices to provide insight and mentorship throughout season as needed
• Schedule and train Student Actor Supervisor staff for each production and act as their day to day contact
• Coordinate meals for actors and/or crew as dictated by Collective Bargaining Agreements with Actors’ Equity and IATSE
• Plan and execute show-specific events for the company, hosting approximately 30+ events per season, serving between 25-150 people per event. Events include, but are not limited to, meet and greets, bagel Fridays, opening night post-show cast/crew receptions and closing events
• Keep green rooms, kitchens, staff lounge and actor lounge organized and stocked
• Manage needs of CTC apartment and coordinate cleaning, maintenance and resources necessary to maintain it and make it a welcoming environment for guest artists
• Coordinate, schedule and complete payment for stage door attendants, accompanist or any other personnel needed for auditions and rehearsals
• Assist with VISA applications for international artists
• Other duties as assigned
• Organization – Ability to manage highly detailed logistics for multiple projects simultaneously
• Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
• Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion
• Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers
• Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
• Liaise Effectively –Ability to facilitate effective communication between parties
• Verbal Communication – Ability to express and understand information through spoken words
• Written Communication – Ability to express and understand information in writing
• Attention to Detail – Ability to be careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
Experience working with theatre artists and actors required. Customer service experience required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Must be competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), internet-savvy (search engine use, research, etc), and comfortable tracking and reconciling expenses.
Certificates & Licenses:
Valid driver’s license and clean DMV report required.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT:
CTC is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. CTC is committed to a future where our theatre is a home for all people, all families, and is truly reflective of our community. We are also committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CTC prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.
Email letter of interest and resume, in pdf format, with “Company Manager” in the subject line to Andrew Robertson, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.