The Ordway: The Ordway, recognized as one of the U.S.’s leading not-for-profit performing arts centers, is home to a wide variety of performances throughout the year that encompass the finest in American musical theater, world music, dance, and vocal artists. Performances take place in the 1,900-seat Music Theater and a 1,100-seat Concert Hall. The Ordway is committed to providing a welcome and inclusive environment for all patrons, artists, and employees.
Position Purpose: The Management Associate is a key manager level position in the Theatricals Department, the department which oversees shows included in, or marketed as part of the Ordway’s Broadway Series, the Ordway Cabaret Series, and other special events, productions and presentations.
- Posting Date: 7/27/2018
- Closing Date: Open until filled, this position will remain open until the Ordway has seen a diverse pool of candidates
- Employee Type: Full-time, exempt
- Department: Theatricals
- Reports to: Producing Artistic Director
- Support and assist the Producing Artistic Director (PAD).
- Execute special projects under the direction of the PAD.
- Coordination of the activities of the Theatricals Department.
- Act as Company Manager for Ordway self-produced shows (but not Ordway Originals).
- Facilitate communication between other Ordway departments and outside creative and management staff hired for Theatrical Events.
- Bachelor’s degree in live performance management or a related field preferred.
- At least three years of experience in live performance producing and/or management preferred.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Knowledge of Ordway programming highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and passion for musicals highly desirable.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to anticipate and plan for the unexpected and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to identify, evaluate, investigate and offer alternative solutions to problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative/team setting.
- Ability to demonstrate positive, proactive and self-motivated behavior.
To Apply: For more information or to apply, visit ordway.org/employment. Please include a cover letter and resume with your online application. The Ordway is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and people of color are encouraged to apply for positions.