Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communication
Position summary: The Digital and Print Media Coordinator supports the Playwrights’ Center efforts in engaging and expanding its audience through the production of both digital and print media. As part of the Center’s Communications Department, the coordinator will assist in telling the story of this dynamic 46-year-old institution and the artists it serves.
Design and production assistance:
- Print materials (season booklet, event collateral, promotional pieces for the organization, etc.)
- Digital communications (newsletter, event emails, website, etc.)
- Donor materials
- Social media content
- Editorial content
- Video, audio, and other multimedia content
- Update the Center’s website as needed
- Coordinate the production of outsourced materials with freelance designers, developers, photographers and writers.
Public relations and community engagement:
- Production support for advertising materials, maintain press kit
- Research and propose methods of engaging audiences locally, nationally, and internationally
- Assist in shaping the Center’s voice messaging and brand identity
- Attract audiences to the Center’s public events
- Event assistance as needed
- Manage tools and templates for staff and board
- Design visual elements to include in board materials
- Manage constituent lists (email subscribers, media contacts, etc.) in collaboration with other staff
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, theater, or related field or comparable practical experience
- 1 year of experience in communications/marketing (internships considered)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Experience designing printed and electronic material
- Experience and proficiency with video and audio production
- Experience with social media content production and management
- Experience with basic web design and content creation (Drupal experience a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
The Digital and Print Media Coordinator is a part-time, 20-hour position based in Minneapolis. The position is paid an hourly rate of $20/hour. Benefits include health insurance; paid time off for holidays, and sick days; and an optional IRA plan.
The Playwrights’ Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment filled with mutual respect for all employees. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, a design sample (digital or print) and links to video/audio samples to email@example.com.
Posted September 25