Park Square Theatre seeks two interns for our upcoming General Auditions in mid-January 2019.
Park Square Theatre is hosting an AEA/Non-union General Audition for its 2019-20 Season. Joining Artistic Director Flordelino Lagundino and Associate Artistic Director Laura Leffler will be Park Square’s production directors, local area producers, and freelance directors. Park Square is committed to programming for and collaborating with a wide range of talent. Our General Auditions is a color inclusive, ability inclusive, and gender inclusive audition.
We seek two interns to help staff this large event. The ideal candidate has an interest in casting, directing, project management, producing, or stage management. Additionally, the ideal candidate is organized, courteous, a quick learner, and well-versed in Microsoft Office suite, social media platforms, and website maintenance.
Audition Times and Location
The General Auditions will be held in Park Square Theatre’s Proscenium Stage. Interns will be called at the following times:
- Sunday, January 13th 8am-7pm (Lunch Break 1pm-2pm)
- Monday, January 14th 11am-10pm (Dinner Break 4pm-5pm)
- Friday, January 18th 11am-10pm (Dinner Break 4pm-5pm)
- Saturday, January 19th 8am-7pm (Lunch Break 1pm-2pm)
1. Available for a training session the week of January 7-11, to be scheduled later.
2. Helps on each of the four auditions days with set up and tear down.
3. Acts at the runner, introduces each actor who auditions to the room of directors and producers, and acts as a go-between for the lobby and auditions room.
4. Receives a one-on-one meeting/advice/Q&A session with Artistic Director Flordelino Lagundino.
5. Receives a $150 stipend (approximately $30/day for 5 days).
Auditions Management Intern:
1. Available for one one-hour training session the week of January 2-4, to be scheduled later.
2. Helps in the office during the week of Jan 7-13.
3. Helps on each of the four auditions days with set up and tear down.
4. Helps to run the lobby during auditions with the Auditions Coordinator.
5. Receives a one-on-one meeting/advice/Q&A session with Artistic Director Flordelino Lagundino.
6. Receives a $300 stipend (approximately $30/day for 10 days).
Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com by no later than 11:59pm on Dec. 12, 2018. The letter should include a brief introduction to yourself, why you are interested in working on these auditions, and how you think this work may be of benefit to your future goals. The letter should be no more than 250 words long. Your resume must fit on one page.
Final applicants will receive a phone interview. All applicants will be notified by no later than Dec. 21, 2018.