Theater Latte Da seeking Followspot Operators
Theater Latte Da is seeking followspot operators for A Little Night Music, this winter. Theater Latte Da is a musical theater company, producing original and re-imagined musical theater works. We believe in work that is bold and collaborative; we act with integrity and gratitude. Our spot ops are an integral part of the show’s run crew, and we respect both the art and the craftsmanship of operating a spotlight. We strive for excellence in all we do, and are looking for technicians who make that a priority as well.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience running spot and knowledge of theatrical lighting equipment and terminology.
- Reports to the Production Manager (PM), Production Stage Manager (PSM), Lighting Designer (LD), and Light Board Operator (LBO)
- Must be present and punctual for all tech, performances, and attend (1) designer run through to familiarize with the show prior to tech
- Those encouraged to apply: Self-motivated, willing to work towards excellence daily and thrives as part of a team. Works well in high pressure situations.
- Run a spotlight for tech and performances. Depending on requirements of show, may be asked to participate in other small run crew needs.
- Striving daily for excellent production quality, within the craftsmanship of spotlight operating.
- Check function of spotlight daily, to ensure it is functioning as necessary for operation of the show.
- Understand common lighting terms and goals, so as to ease tech and designer’s process: previous experience with spot opping is highly sought after.
- Partial sense of responsibility for cues paperwork, keep notes during tech from LD. Work with LBO to provide information on individual track to create accurate paperwork.
Payment is minimum wage ($10.25) per hour, on an employee basis.
A Little Night Music
- Tech: January 16th-26th 2019
- Opening: January 26th, 2019
- Closing: March 3rd, 2019
- Designer Run TBD, likely during the week of January 8th –15th 2019
- Show schedule tends to be Wednesday-Saturday evenings (7:30 curtain), with a Saturday and Sunday matinee (2:00 curtain). Tuesday and Sunday evenings may be needed as well. Tech requirements (for the dates below) are full day commitments.
Please direct any inquiries to Micayla Thebault-Spieker at email@example.com.